Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Post 1 Questions

What was your initial impression of rats, in general, before your first Learning lab? 
I wasn't particularly fond of rats, but neither was I scared or grossed out by them. I know some people who have pet rats, so I suppose that had helped me not to see all rats as being dirty.

Did this impression change by the end of the lab? Why or why not?

Holding my rat made me feel pretty warm and fuzzy about her, so I suppose that my impression of rats improved a little bit. Also, I really like how curious they seem to be about their surroundings.

Were you able to hold your rat?

Yes, and she was very calm. She barely squirmed, and seemed to want to nestle underneath my hand for protection.

Do you have any ideas for a name?

Not yet-- I usually name everything Timmy, but my rat is deserving of a female name. TBD.

UPDATE: I have named my rat Mitzy. :) See below for a picture of her being inquisitive and cuddly.


2 comments: